Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Circle is Now Complete

Well, today marks 2 weeks from Clark2B's arrival who we now affectionately refer to as Brooklynn Elizabeth. It's been an exciting and educational journey. When I look back at the posts and remember the excitement of Nancy first starting to show to hearing the heartbeat for the first time and then first feeling the baby move, what great memories these have been.

Of course, the birth was memorable too... Don't forget to breathe Daddy...




Being a part of this miracle was second to nothing else I've ever done. There aren't too many dads out there that get to actually help deliver their child into this world. It was exciting to see her placed on Nancy for the first time and still not knowing yet was our baby a boy or girl. After a minute or so, I finally took a peek and was the first to announce we had a baby girl!

I don't know which I was more nervous about...pulling her out to complete her delivery or cutting the cord! Yes, that's me with the scissors!

I made a clean cut, and she was all ready for me to finally hold her.


Here we are, a happy looking family, not quite knowing was true sleep deprivation really is. Ha ha.

It's hard to believe that I once was a child and now I have a child. And so, quoting one of my favorite movies, Star Wars, "The circle is now complete."

And just like my favorite movie, the story doesn't stop here. Clark2B has a name thus Clark2B comes to an end. Maybe someday a new Clark2B adventure will be followed, but for now, Brooklynn's story will continue along with the rest of us at ClarksRUs.

See you there!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

sniff, sniff... that was quite a touching ending to this saga (star wars reference there for you) My kid brother who lovingly told me for so long that i was adopted, is now a daddy. I am such a proud sis. I know we will continue to watch Brooklyn Elizabeth and your family grow in future blogs and posts. We love you all!