Saturday, September 22, 2007

Vote Boy or Girl

On the left, you should see a place where you can vote whether you think we'll have a boy or girl. I thought I'd give some background for those who may want to make an educated guess.

My Dad was a first born, my Mom's brother was a first born, I was a first born and my sister's first child is a boy. My Dad's brother had a boy first as did one of his sister's. Even one of my two cousin's with children had a boy first. Finally, the sister of Nancy's Mom had a boy first too.

However, One of my Aunt's had two girls before having a boy. My Mom's brother, being a first born son himself, had a girl first before having a boy and his son (my other cousin with children) had a girl first before having a boy. Finally, Nancy herself only had a sister, no brothers, and that sister had a girl first too.

So, maybe this helps, or maybe it just makes it even more debateable!

2 comments:

Nathan said...

You are coming up on your 20th week, so I assume "the ultrasound" appointment is looming, when you need to make the decision of whether or not you want to know the gender. I've gone both ways: we did not find out with Marie, and we did find out with Daniel. Here are my thoughts:

1. If you enjoy spontaneity and heart-racing excitement, then don't find out. Marie's birth was like watching a triple OT thriller between Purdue and Indiana (where Purdue wins on a last second shot, of course :)), and I remember the thoughts racing through my mind in the last few seconds before she was born: "It's a boy! No, a girl! boy! girl! boy! Yep, definitely a boy. How could I think it was a girl? Here comes Daniel... It's a girl!"

2. Conversely, if you have a heart condition, you'd better find out!

3. If you like gender-neutral colors like white and yellow, then don't find out.

4. If you need to plan out the next 18 years in a detailed schedule of activities and development milestones, it will probably cut down on your effort to go ahead and find out. Seriously, it is helpful to know the gender ahead of time to prepare the nursery, shop for clothes, pick a name, etc...

I prefered not finding out - I like the surprise at the end. It was still exciting to be there for Daniel's birth, but I didn't have the same adrenaline rush...

I'm really happy for you - parenthood is a great adventure! Keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

From Mom and Dad sunshine girl or boy we'll love them either way and we love you Thankyou for this experiance.Many more we hope||